History

Dr. Howard Elementary School was built as a four-room school in 1910 on land donated by Dr. Hartwell C. Howard, one of Champaign County’s first doctors. Four rooms were added in 1920, followed by additions in 1931, 1953 and 1959. Dr. Howard was one of the first schools in Champaign to offer educational opportunities for children with disabilities. With the passage of the $183.4 million referendum in November 2016, Dr. Howard was completely rebuilt on its existing site at 1117 W. Park Street in central Champaign. The new school opened in Fall 2020.

 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.